According to the greenbiz.com website America collectively wastes $130 billion a year of our energy costs. That my friends is a lot of money. So how can we as individuals start putting the brakes on this waste? We’ll discuss what we can do in our homes to save some energy and go from wasting to saving.
Have Your Roof & Insulation Inspected
Heat rises! And you can lose a fantastic amount of heat through your attic insulation and roof during the winter. Also during summer a roof can get very hot. Having adequate ventilation for your roof can drastically lower your summer cooling bills. Maybe you need a small roof repair. Or it’s time to do a total roof replacement. Either way, Louisville KY Roofers can and will inspect your roof for free. Have them look at your insulation and the venting system for your roof while they’re doing it. Just visit their site at Louisville Roofers. A roof inspection should be done free of charge.
Top 10 quickies to cut energy usage
- Wrap your water heater in blanket
- Put a timer on your electric water heater
- Turn off lights when not in use
- Replace incandescent bulbs with CFL bulbs
- Install solar security lights
- Get a programmable thermostat
- Wash clothes in cold water
- Air dry clothes on a line
- 5 minute showers
- Replace antiquated appliances